April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

028  

I hope you are having a wonderful one with family & friends.  I just wanted to stop in and do a quick Easter-related post.  Well it’s actually any holiday related.  I don’t decorate much for holidays.  Not on purpose.. I know the kids would love it and maybe it would help me shake off the holiday stress that’s always inevitable.  But it just seems like a lot of fuss and then the days over.  bah humbug i know

So my point is – I have found a small way to decorate for holidays that’s easy and really can last all year.  I have two frames that stay on the mantle. These frames rotate from frames I love (until someone wants to buy it) to frames that were leftover from shows then frames i love back again.  Either way – I always have an 8x10 and a 4x6 or 5x7. 

Enters problem number 2 (problem #1 was not feeling like decorating for holidays in case you are lost or just bored out of your mind yet) So problem number 2: kids bring home 50,051 items from preschool/school each year and what to do with them.  so now back to my mantle

I save the drawings/paintings that my kids do that stand out (and now the holiday ones) because there is not room for the rest…they are quietly, secretly, wrapped in extra paper and trashed (so that mj doesn’t spy one through a trash bag and flip her lid) The ones I do save I put in the 8x10 frame and the artist (a 2, 4, or 5 year old)’s picture in the 4x6 (usually but in the pictures below it is reversed).  So each child gets their shining moment several times a year and I can decorate for a holiday

021

023

Millsie and her adorable half hand print bunny sit on my mantle today.  Have a happy one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails