March 1, 2013

a camp “in” party

Well hello there!  It’s been too long but I thought I better go ahead and get Molly’s 6th birthday party down for record.  You know, to prove it happened one day when she wonders why everyone’s birthdays are on the blog but her 6th.  So here it is..a month late :)

Molly’s birthday is the end of January and is always a little tricky with weather.  We never know which way the temp will go.  I planned an indoor party for her this year to cut down on the stress of January’s fickle weather but it turned out the one year I plan an indoor party..the weather was beautiful.  Go figure :)  I set up two tents in the living room and strung lights for our stars.  

den

We threw as many pillows as we could find into the tents along with books (since that’s what squealing, giggling 6 year olds want to do- sit in a tent and read, again: thank goodness it was pretty outside)

Although Molly went the blue route last year (and wore the same dress again this year)..it’s no secret her favorite color is purple.

cake2

the favors included glow sticks, sunglasses, & compasses all wrapped up in a purple bandana.

favors

and a shadow puppet or two to take home.  I bought this pattern to trace on etsy because i can NOT draw … and I just blew it up on a copy machine, traced onto cardstock and cut.  I taped the cutouts onto wooden sticks and stuck them in a piece of styrofoam that I covered in paper too.

p shadow2

a little shadow puppet fun in the tents

molly shadowdancer 

candle

cake eaten

You can’t camp without s’mores!

smoresgifts

As always, I can’t believe she’s another year older.. our sweet Molly is 6. 

meandm    

Molly’s 3rd, 4th, & 5th birthdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails