October 7, 2010

Picking a Pink



Possibly much to my husband's chagrin, I am painting four walls of our home pink. They are not big walls but they are prominent ones. And I ... can't. decide. which. pink.

That's right. Pink. I am painting a room in my house pink. And it is not (only) because I have four nieces five and under and a four year old sister - but I do think they'll love it ;)

I've been scouring the internet for months (seriously, our painter finished the entire rest of the house and left and he's about to return to do touch-ups and I still don't know.) and I'm starting to narrow it down.

i think i want a blush hue. even a pink with a little dirt in it. but not mauve. more than not-mauve, though i don't want it to look like a baby's room - at all (my mother-in-law thinks this is impossible - and she is an interior designer with great taste, so i should trust her). one idea she had that i'm really liking is to do a wash of color over the currently white walls. i also want it to be luminescent in some way ... i haven't even mentioned that to her yet ...

any ideas?

image source (who was oh-so-much help - thanks again Nicole!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails