June 1, 2010

30A

When we are really lucky we scoot away to the beach for a few days at a time – there is one area we love – 30A (Florida’s scenic highway)  If you aren’t familiar, let yourself become!  It is such a fun area to vacation.  I’m not sure I can count the number of times we’ve made the 3 hour trip (not bad right?!) to our favorite vacation spot, but every trip has been filled with wonderful memories.  Since this summer has already been packed with travel, I thought I would share a few of my favorites from the area with you.

First… ( and i have to mention it first because we make a stop here EVERY trip at least once if not more)

Pizza by the Sea 

Header_May_2010

If you are ever in the area…GO!  Not only do they have amazing pizza…but they really cater to kids.  Just check out their blog and you’ll see why we love it there!  And a couple doors down from Pizza By the Sea….

Little Red  (both of these located by Publix on HWY 395 – Watercolor)

landingImage

I wandered in this precious children’s store with MJ on a recent visit and we both had a really hard time leaving.  The clothes are ADORABLE.  And the toys equally as precious (if that’s possible) and the owner just as sweet.  You can’t go wrong!  (unless you have no self control) but just go!   Check them out on Facebook.

Last December I made a trip to the beach with no kids and a group of friends for my birthday – Arre told me about Fonville Press (a coffee shop with an adorable kid play area) at Alys Beach, suggested we go, and I fell in love!  When I spotted the hill i just knew I had to bring the girls back and so on this last trip (last week) – I did just that.  We had some very good friends with us (who also have 3 children) and I think it’s safe to say, everyone loved it.

038

Can you spot our babies (mills & cellie) in the picture below? 

042

If you head a little further down 30-A, you will hit Rosemary Beach and the quaint Cowgirl Kitchen. It’s a great lunch spot and a fun little walk through the cobblestone streets of Rosemary.

IMG_2016

And last but not least – the beach is beautiful and the water crystal clear….

062

hair flower from Little Red

Oh and if you travel this way, fall in love with the area, decide you HAVE to buy or build here… I hear there is a wonderful designer in the area ;)

Erika of Urban Grace Interiors

I still may be MIA for a little while – Our next stops include Athens, GA, Savannah, GA, & Daufuskie Island!  In the meantime – check back to our inventory post for the latest available frames! And for future posts on how to handle 3 kids in the car because ..I hopefully will have mastered it by the time we return :)

Happy summer days!

4 comments:

  1. How FUN! I haven't been down that way in a while. You have given me a little trip inspiration :) Happy travels...

    ReplyDelete
  2. jea.lous. do you KNOW how much time i've spent at home over the past few weeks? this is an unnatural role reversal we've got going on here.

    oh yeh but have SO. MUCH. FUN! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had read this before we were in Seagrove a few weeks ago. Almost tried the pizza place but wasn't sure. Thanks for the suggestions. (Sarah Collins)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails