May 11, 2011

The Royal Wedding



I know it's silly and I know I'm a little old for fairy tales - or at least believing in them :/ (and I know this is not the first time I've mentioned this) but I can't lie... i am can't stop thinking about the Royal Wedding.

I guess it's a little bit that I so vividly remember Diana and at least one part the whole princess thing (and that Kate is gorgeous and has a great sense of style) and largely that they are my age  and... I don't know - it's just. so. fascinating.

I would have loved to have a viewing party (fascinators and all!) but I had a prior obligation the very day (and into the evening)... so I resorted to DVR and watched on Monday (I know - I had to avoid all social mediums for days). I did have a bottle glass of champagne while I viewed - so at least I was a little festive.

Even though it was pre-recorded by the time I watched it, I still had chills and almost tears. It really was an incredible thing to watch. I know it's old news now, so I won't carry on. (Even though I can't. stop. watching it.)


p.s. did you know that at the ancient age of 29, Kate Middleton will walk down the aisle as the OLDEST royal bride EVER. wow.

image source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails