June 19, 2009

happy happy weekend

Good morning! and when I say morning, I mean morning - it was a 5:30 a.m. start for us around here! But I'm not complaining..Mills slept throught the night (i need background cheering inserted here). this is big, really big. Soo... onto the post...
Happy Father's Day to all you dad's out there (I think precisely 0% of our readers are male so I guess I'm just throwing it out there for the hell of it!)
On Mother's Day this year - some of the kids at MJ and Molly's school were asked why they love their Mom. It was printed in the monthly newsletter and both of my children were asked this time around. I could've picked their responses out even if they didn't have their names next to them. Here are their answers...

Mary James: Because she gives me hugs (coming from my most affectionate child)
Molly: I love her (not really answering the question but just saying whatever she damn well pleases)

I thought it was cute, so I asked the girls this question (but about their dad) for Father's Day and here were their answers. (I made Mary James stop after a few minutes after noticing this wasn't ending anytime soon)
Jim with Mary James - The girls are identical as newborns so the only way I can tell the difference between their baby pictures with Jim is by the length of his hair in each and which hat/visor he is wearing!


MJ:
-He takes me to putt-putt and he gives me a lot of tickets and puts them on the counter for me
-He chases us
-He feeds Mills
-he babysits us sometimes
-he reads books to me
-he takes me to get a new movie
-he takes me to Edith (a house he's working on) to check on the pool
-helps me make a five (shows her how many fingers make 5 i'm guessing)
-he lets me jump to him in the pool at the beach
-he drops me off at Kay Kay's (his mom) to spend the night
-he tucks me in sometimes
Jim with Molly - hair really short

Molly: (you may have to read between the lines here..i'm quoting)
-hang me.... upside down.... bed
-at the beach
-daddy's at work
-daddy have red gum


jim with Mills...really long

Not only does jim get to bask in his father's day light on Sunday..it will also be our 6th anniversary! So even though he barely knows how to check his e-mail and will probably never see this.. Happy Anniversary to you Jim and thank you for 6 happy (and busy) years!

us - 6 years ago.
We have a busy weekend with weddings and baby showers so I don't think we'll get around to celebrating this anniversary just yet... but I do have my heart set on going to Liam's eventually (too bad jim doesn't read this to plan a surprise dinner for me :))! I hope everyone has a happy happy weekend!

4 comments:

  1. can't believe i even mentioned to Jim how different i think he looks in these pics - ooooops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. please! i tell him all the time he's aging and i'm staying the same :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy anniversary...enjoyed seeing y'all this weekend!

    sarah b.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you sarah! so good to see y'all as well and i'm re-obsessed with your precious kid. can't wait to meet your little girl soon!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails